Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring is that you?

After all the rain this past week...the kids and I needed to get out of the house.  The temp was in the 50's so that ment that we could go out in sweaters and work in the garden or play.  Me I chose the garden.  And oh what treasures I found.


After some digging and moving of the fall leaves I found a nice patch of daffodils starting to grow.  Poor things are quite yellow but give em a day or so and off they will go.

Spring are you really coming?


These 4 Iris bulbs were found attached to a small rug close to where the daffodils were found.  I ever so carefully (and forcefully) removed the rug and moved these guys to another garden.  Fingers crossed they make it.

Can I really say it's almost spring now?




These are some of my Hosta coming up.  I have them all over the yard but this patch is one of my big ones.

Spring you look so nice I am glad your are coming back.


A small patch of Iris showing up.  I can't belive how many of them I found.  Many of them had the bulbs exposed.  Not sure if I am going to mess with them or not as they are growing so why mess with it.

Spring you truly are trying to come....a week to go before you are here but the preview you have given me shows I will have lots of flowers this year.



Most of the ground was even soft enough to work with so a few tulip, crocus, and daffodil bulbs I had were able to be planted.  I can't wait to see the treasures I found begin to bloom.  I love winter but spring has a beauty all it's own that is just so breath taking.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa

    I really enjoyed your post. Ahhh I am so very ready for spring. We still have snow on the ground where I live and usually by this time it is melting fast, but not this year. I always look so forward to spring so I can get out in the garden and my greenhouse. Like you, I get so excited at the beginning signs of new life - it makes me feel so alive, yet peaceful. But, until the sun shines and the snow melts, I guess I'll continue with my other hobby. Your site is great - really enjoy it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay spring! I too had fun yesterday poking around the garden. What a mess - but so many little, live things poking up it was such fun. Crocus are blooming here and hellebores have big fat buds. Can't wait to see how your plants progress!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day