Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Harvesting Edible Garden Tour - March 21, 2011

Welcome to this months Harvesting Edible Garden Tour.  I have thought about stopping this as no one yet has joined me but then I thought you know what?  Spring is here maybe, just maybe none of my current readers have anything harvesting yet.  So continue I will.

I have many herbs harvesting right now like:


My Common Chives.  They were flopping all over the place so harvest I did and chopped them and froze them.




Although not as abundant my garlic chives also needed some harvesting today.



My Oregano although still small seemed it could use a little trimming so I harvested some of the longer sections


My Winter Savory was hanging out of the pot although interesting to look at becomes a target for Buddy Dog's tail so harvest time for the Savory.


Much like the Savory the English Thyme was also beginning to hang out of the pot.  Some of the sections like the one pictured were also starting to yellow.  A hint I have learned that it needs to be harvested.  Usually after I cut stems like these off the rest starts to grow well.  We will see.





So what is harvesting in your garden today.  I would love to see.  Add a link below and leave a comment.  Come back later and see if anyone else joined the tour.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day