Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

GBBD - March 2011

The 15th has rolled around again.  Although I was truly hoping to showcase some flowers outside of the house I can't.  See it is still winter here.  And I do mean that it is still winter. Yesterday I saw snow flakes falling from the sky and today it is in the low 20's outside.  The ground has a nice brown white color to it.  Ok not nice but you get the point.  Mother Nature continues to surprise me but then again my spring doesn't start till mid April.  The calendar may say March 20 but the average last frost date is April 22.

Anyways your here for the flowers........so onward I go to show you my beautiful flowers growing inside my house.




One of my newest editions to the house is this Angel Plant Rex Begonia.  Bad picture but pretty flowers


Not a flower but certainly looks like one my Bromeliad.




On to my new passion of African Violets.  I had fun today using the sun to get different angles of the flowers.  I love how one plant can have flowers that look all different.



Another African Violet.  The white one.  I think it is interesting how the pollen sacs are more white than yellow.




I love the crinkly look as well as the hint of purple just on the edges.







Another example of a African Violet having different types of blooms on one plant.  Mostly purple or mostly white.  Either way very pretty.






My newest African Violet to join the mix was this red one.  In the sun light they look so velvety.





And for the last of the African Violets currently blooming.  This one has a few blooms with what almost look like a second set of petals.






Playing around with the sun and plants again I got this shot today of my spider plant with a flower on the baby.  A new stem has even begun to grow out of the main mother plant so it looks like I will have more flowers soon.








Thanks go out again to Carol over at May Dreams Gardens for hosting this monthly event.  Head over there and check out some of the other garden bloggers and what they have blooming.




4 comments:

  1. That last photo is beautiful - you make an ordinary spider plant look like a rare treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndy thanks. I loved how that picture came out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some nice indoor blooms! That's one area I fail at repeatedly - indoor house plants. I have them but I neglect them. It just isn't the same as outdoor gardening!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day