Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gardening Knowledge

As many gardeners will tell you they all learned what they know from somewhere.  Be it family, trial and error, or a book.  Me?  I'll take door number 4 please.  Door 4 would be all 3 plus internet.  All my garden blog friends have taught me a lot.  Just reading their posts of how they did something sometimes gets me to think outside the box.  Or maybe I stopped by Carol's May Dreams Gardens blog and read a post about Basketball and it just made me smile and think about my garden in a different way.

Or I see my sister's blog My Side of Life has a new post and read it and wonder if I could make that meal and how when spring comes I need to remember to plant that veggie.

There are so many other blogs I could mention it would just be better to have you look at my reading list.  It's long.  Regardless of what I am reading it inspires me or encourages me.  Like this book I saw in A.C. Moore a few weeks ago.




I ordered it online to get it at a better price and have only read the first few chapters.  The basics.  Things I should already know but well turns out I actually did know some but not the importance of them.  I have mentioned here before about using layouts.  Making a picture of your garden and labeling.  I even scanned in a example of one of my layout log sheets.  Turns out this is a really good practice.  Something that in one way or another just about every gardener already does.  She goes on to explain how to go about doing this but also says that everyone will have their own way.  She saves hers so that in following years she can look back, smack herself on the head when she realized she tried that before and just forgot.

So to all who have helped me learn how to garden I offer my thanks.  To those who learn from my garden I truly hope you can learn something.  Gardening is fun and thats how is should be.  If gardening ever becomes a chore....well I'm not sure what to do then....other than say maybe you have too much?

I wish everyone a wonderful day and hope the snow here continues to melt....I found my baby Rose of Sharon Trees yesterday....I just hope they live....they are still mostly buried.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day