Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Monday, March 28, 2011

100 Posts and still no spring

Check me out.  I have posted 100 posts.  Well once this is posted it will be 101 but still.  Thats kinda cool.  Well up here in NY we are still suffering from winter.  Though the snow we got last week is mostly gone now there are still traces around.  Proof that the temp is not rising enough to melt all the snow.  Bitter cold winds blow.  Just look at what Jack Frost is doing......
My poor crocus that surprised me although still trying to bloom they only seem to last a day now.  And that mean ol' Jack comes in at night and Bam......droopy crocus.

Then I go and look in the edible gardens and find this.....
Garlic Chives trying to grow but can't get the color right.  Now Jack I know you are having fun and all.  But this is just wrong.  I mean who wants to eat red chives.

Feeling sad that Mr. Frost is messing with my gardens I head to my greenhouse and find this....

 Thats right Jack you can't mess with my Greenhouse Garlic Chives.  The calendar did say it was spring and the way the sun begins to heat the greenhouse by 7am means in the greenhouse I have Green Chives.  Green like they are supposed to be.


And take this too Jack Frost....my Oregano survived all winter in the greenhouse.  Freezing temp and all...it stayed green.


Yea you tried to kill my mint.  I saw that.  But take a look at this Mr Jack Frost......my mint is coming back and it's coming back strong.


After your harsh freezing winter the lettuce didn't look so good but Mother Natures wonderfully warming sun shinning in on the greenhouse has made this nice and strong...and tasty too.


Thank you Jack for the freezing winter temps as they have helped my carrots grow.  Carrots don't mind the winter cold temps as long as they had time before a frost to develop.  Nice strong green leaves here.



So although you have tried to keep spring at bay it looks as though Mother Nature and the sun are winning out.  So Jack Frost although I dearly love you and winter.  I love the way snow looks and frost decorates my gardens it is time for you to go.  Your 15 minuets of fame have long been over.

To Madame Spring.  I wish you the best of luck in kicking Jack out the door.  The greenhouse loves you and the gardens await your return.  Please hurry I can't afford to buy any more houseplants to play with.  I need to get my hands in the dirt and plant my seedlings.


1 comment:

  1. Together we can defeat Jack and hid evil empire. Although it is so cold here in NJ today and I do feel like giving up.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day