Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Blooming Friday - Feeling Blue

The theme this week is feeling blue.  Not having anything thing that is blue thats blooming I will have to use the alternate definition of feeling sad.  It is yet another rainy day here in NY.  Lots of rain actually.  So that in it's self is giving me feelings of blue.  But I have a few plants that due to my own lack of knowledge almost killed.





This African Violet used to have Dk Purple almost blue blooms.  I am now nursing her back to health after getting too much sun.






This one had Purple blooms with white in the middle. Another victim of lack of knowledge and too much sun.





White blooms with pink edging this one also suffered from the sun but is looking much better.






Pink with white edging although not round looking ok.











The Dk Purple almost blue blooms....aren't they pretty.



Although not blooming or even growing yet this is a picture of one of my iris.....pretty light blue.  It's my hope picture.  Hope that the weather continues to warm and the snow continues to melt so I can see this pretty flower grow.



Thanks to Catherine over at Roses and Stuff for hosting this weeks Blooming Friday.  Stop on over there and see who else is posting about something feeling blue.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely blue flowers you are expecting soon...here in Central NY we are just getting more snow melting and lots of rain...so I feel your pain...we will be surrounded by blooms soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blott är verkligen superfint på blommor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and striking purple/blue colour of the African Violet! Its been raining here the whole day too..Hope to see more blooms a few weeks time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Won't it be nice when we can boast of blue in our landscape? Patience.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day