Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rhubarb Part 4 - The taste test....the best part

Now for the best part of this whole evolution...The taste test. I placed lables on all the Jars so we know the date they were made. The Melbby part was because it was made by me (Melissa) and the Rhubarb was from the gardens of Melissa and Debby (my mom).





After hearing the small pop and air being sucked in here is what the Jam looks like now. It smelled wonderful and it was more solid than when first placed in the Jar.







We popped a few slices of bread in the toaster and then spread the Jam on... ...mmmmmmmm looks good.







Shannon trying the first bite of our first Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam. She loved it and so did the rest of us. We brought 2 Jars to my Mom....had to as she helped supply the ingredients, and we even gave one to the neighbors. For my first attempt at making a Jam I am very very pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day