Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mosquitoe-be-gone

.





My latest addition to my ever growing garden. This plant is called Pennyroyal. It is a very invasive plant to be carefull where you plant it. But it a strong smelling Mint like plant that has this wonderful quality of repelling Mosquitoes.
The lables on these plants actually state that it is commonly used as a insect repellent. As a member of the mint family it can be planted near many of your vegatables just as long as you keep triming it to control it's spread.
As you can see from some of the pictures I took the plant has very pretty lavender flowers durring the summer. This is also considered an Herb but there are a lot of cautions about it because of the oil's strength....one sniff and you know just how strong. Before harvesting read up on it....me I plan on just using as a wonderful smelling ornamental type plant....with the side benefit of keeping Mosquitoes away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day