Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lettuce and Carrots


Finally found some pictures on line to show me what seedlings for carrots and Lettuce look like. I know seems kinda silly right? Well not so much. In this picture you can see that the main plant is light green....well that is the lettuce. Just to the right is another plant that I thought may be carrot. Turns out it isn't it is just a weed. It kinda looked like it was carrot leaves. Since I had never grown carrots before and honestly don't remember seeing them with leaves still on them I just wasn't sure. So I scoured the internet to find pictures of carrots in their very young stage and finally I found a picture....then after looking at it for some time I went out to the garden....and took this picture....



My Carrots have finally started to grow. After taking this and a few other pictures I went back to the Wonderful World Wide Web (wwww for short) and looked for other pictures of baby carrots and also of lettuce. I had the pictures side by side to see if I was really looking at what I planted or what desided to grow.

Happy Gardening to all....I am off to start an Herb Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day