Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

1st Transplant




After 2 days in the Green house these little ones needed to be planted outside. The sweet Corn is now ready to keep on growing. Although Corn is one of those Direct sow crops I decieded to start it in the Jiffy Greenhouse to give them the best chance I could. The majority of the corn is properly spaced. 6" apart in Rows 2' apart. Because of the shape of the boxed in area they are in rows of 2. Yes there are some that are inbetween the spaced ones but since I had to thin the pods I just really didn't want to throw any away. They are my babies I have to give them a chance. They recomend that the corn is planted with at least 4 rows. A total of 22 seedlings were transplanted. Lets see who makes it and who doesn't.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day