Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kids in the Garden Part 1



By nature kids love to play in the dirt. To get dirty and play. But they also love to see things grow. Watching a plant grow from seed to seedling and beyond is fun and educational. Because this is my first year growing fruits and vegetables I am not sure how much hands on help I want to let the kids give me. So to allow them to still help but be a little more contained they each have a container that they could plant what they wanted. Both of these are mini Greenhouse type containers. Great for starting seeds of any kind. They both have a clear plastic lid so if you wanted to start these inside it will still have the Greenhouse effect. The small of the two containers you can see has 6 peat pellets. These too although are great in general I think are even better when starting a garden with kids. They come as a very compact circle...add some hot water and watch em grow to over an inch. The kids of course love this. The other good thing about these things is that as long as the lid is on you don't need to water them nearly as often as it remains contained. It speeds up Germination a little as well....so for those impatient kids of mine they get to see results faster.


Aiden has not planted anything in his yet as we was not feeling well but Shannon did. Her's is the long brown one in the bad in it she has 2 Hardy Lily (Monte Negro) bulbs and some Butterfly Weed, Aclepias tubersosa seeds.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day