Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Companion Planting Part2

After reading the tons of information on the internet I have decided to try a little companion planting. Turns out I was lucky in that I had already planted plants and they are compatible.


In the first picture you are looking at the left side of my green house. Where front to back you have Green Beans, Broccoli, and Tomato....and also some Mint thru out. The mint was planted today for Ant control....turns out the ants love my greenhouse dirt and climat. But the other 3 plants are all compatible with each other.





The second picture is of the right side of my greenhouse where front to back is Green Peppers, Peas, and Cauliflower with again Mint planted thru out. Again I am using the mint here for ant control. But these 3 plants work good together. The two sides of the greenhouse are only separtated by dirt but they are far enough away that the beans and pepper won't effect each other as those two are not very compatible.





The last two pictures are of the garden off the kitchen...the garden as a whole has onions, carrots, lettuce, and rhubarb. All of which work very well together. The Rhubarb is known to crowd out other plants but as long as I space things right each year we should be good. In the first of these two there is Carrot and Lettuce growing side by side....In the last one you can see that the lettuce is thriving under the shade of the rhubarb's big leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day