Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Friday, June 18, 2010

My Garden Layouts for 2010


It's hard to see I know but this is an aproximate drawing of the Garden just off the Kitchen porch. Not everything has started to grow yet but this is where it was planted. The appoximate size of the over all garden is 7'x4'. Each square is a square foot but due to a certain 4 legged family member some of the plants are not where they were planted....for instance there is an onion growing in one of the horizontal rows of carrots....... Oh well.




This is the layout for the garden attached to the Greenhouse but outside. Where I have planted the corn. Again each square is a sqft. For the graph paper that I used it said that ther are 4 sq per inch so basically I said 4 graph sq per ft so each sq ft has 16 squares with in it. Makes planning for the next crops easier. I don't expect all the corn that is planted to grow as there was more and they didn't make it. But we will see.

This last picture is of the greenhouse it's self. Because of the greenhouse it's self I was able to draw a far more accurate picture of what is inside and where. Each panel is 2' so that also made planting better. But as you can see I have a lot of waisted space here. Out of the possible 64 sq ft of space I am only using 35. Granted parts of it are so that I can walk but there is still so much more potential. Because of all the reading I have been doing I am learning from my mess ups. Next year I will start it better. Plant the crops better and maximize the space I have.

A book that I recently bought and read is "All New Square Food Gardening", by Mel Bartholomew. Great book. Really showed me how to feed 1 adult with veggies for a whole year all you need is one or 2 4'x4' growing spaces. Seems like a lot but if yoiu think about it my Greenhouse is 8'x8' so thats 4 of them. Granted no room to walk but still. Just thinking about it that way makes it seem like I can do so much more in my Greenhouse. And I plan on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day