Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thriving Thursday - Ground Cover

Thursday again and this week I want to show off some of the ground cover growing around the gardens.  The main Ground Cover show is the Variety of Hosta around the grounds....so here are a few.....

Hard to see but this is where the real show is.  Many of the Hosta are boring plain green.  Although large and wonderful in their own right this strip - The Driveway Garden is my pride and joy for some flashy looking Hosta

Like this one....clearly not the boring green variety.
 Over in the Backyard Border Garden this lovely boring green Hosta is a wonderful example of how hard it is to kill this plant.  This particular one was cut down to nothing and dug up last year when the fence went in.  Clearly it didn't get the hint and just kept on growing.... amazingly enough still keeping it's round shape with the fence smack dab in the middle....
 Back on over to the Driveway Garden is one of the few that were transplanted last year.  Looking good and such interesting looking leaves....just look at the smaller ones next to it....
 See why I call this the show case of my Hosta's?  Boring Green still made it's way to the Driveway but gets accented by tall and pretty variegated.
 A surprise was added to the show this year as this cute little guy is preparing to flower....I had to look a few times to make sure that it wasn't another plant trying to grow up through the Hosta.
And cause I can't let the Hosta steel the whole post here is a new soft addition to the Willow garden - Artemisia.  Such a soft plant that loves shade and looks interesting.
Got thriving Ground cover?  Or just something Thriving....post about it, leave a  link, leave a comment.  Come back later and see if anyone else joined in.







2 comments:

  1. Love the hosta in the 4th photo, what cultivar is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure yet....trying to figure them out as I forgot to mark them down and some where here when we moved in....

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day