Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Harvest Memorial Monday

Harvest Monday this week is also Memorial Day.  Thanks to all those who have gone before and served our country to keep is safe and free.
Herbs and Rhubarb were harvested yesterday adding my Mint harvest list to well a lot.  The round basket has wilting Chocolate Mint and the Square basket has wilting Spearmint.  I say wilting as it was hot and buy the  time I took the picture they were indeed wilting making it look like there is more room in the basket than there was.

Stop on by Daphne's Dandelions and see who else is harvesting this Memorial Day.

8 comments:

  1. There's nothing better then having fresh herbs! I really need to put a rhubarb plant in...strawberry & rhubarb pie...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! What do you do with your chocolate mint? My mom has it growing in her yard but she doesn't use it for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, rhubarb! I'm envious. We planted some last year, but it died. I think it didn't get enough water. We had it out under-ish a little pine tree on drip. We will try again, though!
    ~~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lori - Mine love the sun but I hear they are ok in the shade too. It could have been the Pine tree not the water.
    @Allison - You can use the Chocolate mint like any other mint in a tea or cooking. I love it as a tea.....just think Chocolate mint flavored tea on a cold winter day.
    @Robin - I love Strawberry Rhubarb pie and jelly. Made the jelly last year. Trying to grow the strawberries too this year for a true-er home made jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mints are such a refreshing herb to have on hand. Never used the chocolate mint before though - and I am wondering how you use it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @kitsapFG - I use it like all the others. I dry my herbs and use a diffuser and seep the mint in boiling water....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how your mints felt. I was out in the garden wilting too. Oh how hot is has been. I try to harvest early in the morning on days like this, but some days I forget. Or at lunchtime I notice I have nothing for my salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got mint too! Just the regular peppermint. I totally get it when you said 'wilting', mine do too, esp. if it is hot while picking the greens in the yard. Squirt of water helps keep them crisp!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day