Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Monday, May 23, 2011

A month behind

Mother Nature sure does need a new calendar.  Irish Lady's Garden's are in for yet another week jam packed full of RAIN. Don't get me wrong we need rain.  But come on now....can I go weed my gardens please?   My poor Iris are trying to bloom but they are lasting a day if that long.  The rain keeps ruining the delicate pedals.
Hard to see unless you enlarge it but these poor beauties don't seem to be lasting long.

Again don't get me wrong we need rain.  Can't grow flowers and tree's with out rain.  Could do with out the every growing grass though....too many mosquitoes.

But I will say this for the rain...it sure makes for some wonderful pictures.

 One of my Peony's about to open.  But look how much prettier it is when water droplets.
Add water droplets to the purple Viola and it seems to change the color altogether.
 One of the light blue Iris that just opened looks quite striking with water all over.
 Now this Rose is looking quite drenched.
Another Iris beginning to bloom showing off it's yellow color between rain drops.

Rain may make it hard to get into the gardens to take pictures and weed - or as I like to call it de-weed - but it does help the flowers grow.  And when you can get out there to take a picture or two just imagine what interesting shots you may find.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day