Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thriving Thursday and Frost

It's May and I just had to bring in all my potted plants.  A frost advisory has been issued for our area.  How crazy is that.   Nuts if you ask me.  Anyways I wanted to post to apologize last week I did not do Thriving Thursday.  But I am here today to show off what is truly Thriving this Thursday.

 Starting off the show is this lovely Tulip 'Hope Blooms'
 Same variety but different look.
 These are more of the same 'Hope Blooms' Tulip.  Not one looks the same.  I love it.
 A close up of the whitest looking one.  Still some pink though.
 Bought a Magnolia Tree a little while ago and this is the first and so far only bloom.  Lots of leaves have popped out but this is the only bloom so far.  I can't wait to see it open.
 This pretty yellow Pansy is truly deserving of the Thriving Thursday post.  I planted these Annual Pansy's last year.  After the harsh winter some how they survived enough to bloom this year.  Maybe 2 feet of snow insulated them enough that they became Perennial's.
 Hard picture to see but absolutely had to post it.  My 4 year old Son is showing off how tall the Flowering Crabapple tree is.  We planted this tree 1 year ago.  And it is doing quite well.
 My over achieving lettuce that is growing in the greenhouse.  Each of those panels is 2' wide.  Since you are looking at a corner with 2 panels showing it's thats 4 square feet of growing space.  That should give you some idea as too how big that one plant is.
 Parsley anyone?
Or can I interest you in some Chocolate Mint?  I just harvested this guy a week ago.....maybe I should do it again.  Anyone want some cuttings?

So there it is.  Just a small peak at what's going on in my garden this past week.  Lots of growth.  Hopefully the impending frost misses us and my plants outside survive.  Until then have a great night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day