Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A difference a year does make

Although last year was the begining of my true gardening adventure I did manage to get some pictures of spring.  Taking a look around the gardens this year got me thinking about what was going on last year.  What was blooming this time last year and what is this year.  So I thought I would show you.

Last year my Iris were all in full bloom.  The first photo I could find of the Iris were taken May 14th, 2010 and there were both of these two in bloom and more than one of each.


This year tells a much different story for the Iris. May 14th, 2011 showed that there were many Iris ready to open up and show their beauty but only of one color that I can tell

This Morning (the 18th) the first of many Iris has finally opened up...but only the one.
Although not far apart from last year there is a difference in what my gardens look like.

Another flower that was in full bloom last year was my Rodadendrum.   How ever this year there isn't even the slightest signs of growth.


 It is truly a sight to see each year.  To watch the gardens grow at different rates.  To see that one year the Iris open first and another a rose first.  Is it the soil?  Is it the weather?  Is it the plant?  Or is it the Gardener?  The truth is Mother Nature is in control and desides each year what will bloom and when.  I simply can't wait to look back in years to come like many other Garden Bloggers are and see just what was doing what each year.


1 comment:

  1. The iris are really nice. Love the lavender color.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day