Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Harvesting Edible Garden Tour - May 21, 2011

Good morning everyone.  Although almost afternoon.  A little late today in getting this post out but I had some herb shopping to do this morning.

I got all that for free in 15 min from my favorite store....my greenhouse.  With out reading on can you identify any of the herbs?  I bet you can maybe no all but some.  So it's that time of the month where I share what I have harvested this month....well today it is what I harvested today....and as you can see....there is a lot. So without further delay lets get on with the tour.

 Italian Oregano - the smell just makes me so hungry
 Spearmint - I love the smell of Mint in the morning.
Lemon Balm - My new favorite plant as it's official name is Melissa......how can I not grow and harvest this plant when it's named after me.
 Chocolate Mint - the Greenhouse now has a sweet Italian smell going on.
 Pesto Basil - Ok now all thats needed is some pasta and man what a meal.
 Summer Savory - Not as strong of a smell as the others but still wonderfully adds to the aroma.
Common Sage - Common is such a rude word for this plant as it is so pleasant to smell.
 Pineapple Sage - A new addition to the greenhouse harvested today only to get a more bushy effect.  Smells good though.
 Variegated Sage - Colorful and fragrant.
 Parsley - Adds another Italian smell to the very fragrant Greenhouse.
Garlic Chives - Because the other herbs growing didn't add enough smells to the greenhouse (yea right)
Sweet Basil - Another herb not quite ready to be harvested but done so anyways for a bush effect.
Dill - Quite a different smell from all the other herbs harvested this morning but man I didn't want to leave the greenhouse.

Growing the herbs in the greenhouse this year was a good idea as I am sure to get a large yield.

So what are you harvesting from your gardens?  Nothing ready to harvest yet?  No problem show off what you are hoping to harvest.

Write about it and add your link below so others can see whats going on in your neck of the woods.  Come back and join the tour or Harvesting Edible Gardens

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day