Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Word from the Garden visitor spokesperson

Welcome to Irish Lady's Garden, my name is Melody Bluebell, a Garden resident and the spokesperson.  We have many other residents of whom I am sure you will meet at some point but today I wanted to tell you a little bit about our home.

Last year Irish lady became the garden caretaker.  A lovely lady with big dreams.  I could tell she was new to gardening but could also see that she had the potential to do great things.  She always had food out for us.  I expect great things this year.  Nearly every time she went out to tend the garden she had some sort of book with her, a gardening or log book would be my guess.

Spring is finally approaching and I've noticed that a few of last years visitors have become regulars or residents them selves.  The Rusty family seems to be settling in as I see Rosa around the feeders a lot.  Sam and some of his Cardinal buddies are lurking around the trees keeping watch as well.


Another regular is Marlon Nutters.  I am guessing that they live close as Marlon and a few of his other bushy tailed buddies are eating with us almost everyday.  Irish lady's dog Buddy doesn't seem to scare them off anymore either or at least not for very long.  Talk about some brave squirrels.


Before all this snow hit some of us noticed our lady caretaker collecting seeds, measuring, and taking notes all around the gardens.  We are hoping that it means new flowers.  Hopefully some that Katima Kiwi and her Hummingbird family will enjoy, we miss them.

Well the extremely way to chipper Sparrow family - the Chirpee's have just come out to eat and play.  I better go and keep them in line.  Those House Sparrows make such a mess of our food.  Not that Marlon minds but still.

I will be back though, to tell you more about Irish lady and her garden.  Hopefully with no complaints for her.

Until then this is Melody Bluebell the Blue Jay have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. Cute critters! Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, if a squirrel got that close to our back door, one of the dogs would have jumped right through it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day