Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

GBBD - February 2011

Good morning fellow bloggers and readers.  Today the sun is shinning and the snow is showing signs of melting.  In fact if you look in foot prints in the back yard you can actually see grass....or what should be grass.

Anyways today is Garden Bloggers Bloom Day here in Blogging world.  Want to see some really pretty blooms check out May Dreams Gardens thats the main page to find blogs all over that are blooming today.

So for today I would first like to introduce the newest plant in my garden.  Tulips.  My favorite flower of all.  My wonderful hubby got me a bouquet of them but then surprised me last night with potted tulips.








I just love tulips.   Here is my daughters Birthday plant still in bloom.





Such pretty and delicate flowers.







And just because her are some other pictures of flowers that can be found around my home today.




These are actually dried flowers but hey I thought it would be kinda cool.




The tulips are from the bouquet that my husband got for me.  What pretty colors.  The other flowers are part of a bouquet that I got for my kids.  They got some flowers and the rest went into my vase.






This is my daughter Shannon's picks from the bouquet.






And this is my son Aiden's pick.




They sprinkled the flowers with red sparkles.....not a great picture of a daisy but pretty still.




The carnations were just so big and full and pretty.  I had to add it to the post.






Not a great picture again but one that shows the 3 different colors of tulips that Josh got me.  I love them.




Ok I know not flowers but just look how colorful they are.  Ok so maybe it's hard to see but these polka dot plants are so cool.  Green and red, Green and white, Green and pink.






Like I said I really love tulips.  This is a close up of the potted ones.
 I can't wait to see what others have blooming in their gardens today.  I pray that you all had a wonderful Valentines Day and that today finds you well.

12 comments:

  1. I too am fond of tulips and like you made an arrangement of them too. You have some fine indoor blooms. Happy GBBD, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any blooms this time of year are good blooms. Love the sparkles on the daisy, my daughter would love that. Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am glad you found the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bouqets are really nice. Love the tulips...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tulips too! Just wish my climate did....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see your photos. I am in snow-covered Pennsylvania, but the temperature suddenly shot up and I managed to find some flowers outside. Happy GBBD, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like Spring at your house! Happy Bloom Day Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely GBBD post...how wonderful all these flowers look...spring has sprung at your garden home :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tulips. Maybe next year I'll try some in the garden again. (They must be tricked to have blossoms here but I am convinced I can bring them to bloom.) Happy Bloom Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you shared your Valentine's Day bouquet with your family--Everyone got a sampling of your husband's gift to you. They're really bright spots of color. Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved all the photos and fun to see the different picks everyone made.

    Cher
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day