Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Harvesting Edible Garden Tour - February 21, 2011

February has been interesting here at my gardens.  Snow one day, melting snow another.  Today it's once again snowing.  How crazy is that.

Despite the snow that is falling outside my indoor garden is doing well.  Today harvesting from my indoor garden is Parsley



It may not look like much but it is doing well.  Every few weeks I harvest the biggest of leaves and with in a few days 3 or for new stems appear.




Just look at that pretty leaf.



When I harvest I cut the desired stems down as far as I can with out cutting other stems.


Then remove all the stems.




Because of the delicateness of the leaves I like to dry them on a plate.  Once dry I place them whole into my parsley jar.







So what Edible delight is harvesting in your garden.  Anything from Veggies to Fruits or Herbs to Flowers.  If you can eat it write about it.  Leave your link so others can see and leave a comment.  Come back later and find out who else is harvesting something in their garden.  You may get inspired.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day