Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thriving Thursday - Knee high by the 4th of July

Earlier this week was the 4th of July.  An old saying of "Knee high by the 4th of July", refer's to the quality of a tall growing crop.  Crops that are long growing and tall are said to be healthy if they are knee high around the beginning of July.  Normally this is used for corn and sometime cotton but it is an old saying. This Thriving Thursday though I am using it for it's literal meaning.   What plants of yours are thriving to the point of being knee high today?

 My corn is more than knee high already.  I certainly hope that this means I will have a good crop.
After our trip my gardens were so much bigger than I remembered and my Echinacea is still blooming.  And   this guy is more than knee high.  The big leaves at the bottom of the picture are Eggplant and they too are also knee high.
 My young Rose of Sharon bushes are back to over knee high as well as the flower stalks to the hosta's.
After a lot of rough starts my morning glory plants are finally getting to be over knee high

So what is knee high in your garden this week?  What is truly Thriving this Thursday?  Post and add your link so we can all see.

I love to hear what others think so feel free to leave a comment even if you don't leave a link.








1 comment:

  1. The plants seem healthy and are poised to grow even more. It is a good sign of a plant well taken care of.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day