Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our camping trip

Sunset on our way to the campground
Ahhhh internet so nice to have it back again.  Since a few of my readers made comments to my 4th of July post I thought maybe I would share the fun we had camping.

A lot happened most was planned, some was not. We got in late...I'm talking 9:45pm late, so luckily hubby and I have set the tent up before so we were able to do so by the light of the car headlights.

 First thing in the morning the kids got busy exploring the campsite.  Caterpillars were active and walking about so they quickly caught some.

I was busy finding bugs walking all over the car.  After the rest of the site was set up it was time to go visit some family.  Hubbies paternal Grandparents live 30 min from the campground so off we went to visit for a few hours.  A fun time was had by all.  There was talk of gardening as Grandpa Perkins walked me through what he has growing this year.I was a little jealous.  His garden was so nice and neat.  The peas looked so healthy.  Although he did ask me if I knew what a plant was as he had purchased some cabbage but out of the 6 one just didn't look like the others.  Turns out it was broccoli but cabbage #6 I found hiding under a broccoli leaf.

Back at the campground the kids got friendly with the resident Alpaca's.  Afterwards as night set it was time to cook on the stove.  Foil packs with smores to follow.  Can't have a campfire with out smores.





Hubby watching the train turn the corner
 Sunday came and it was off to the Oil Creek & Titusville Railroad where the kids got to ride a train for the first time.  Aiden guy of course was in seventh heaven as he loves trains.
Aiden found a way to see the train turning as we all stood on the open car at the end of the train.  Course on the return trip this open care was in front right behind the engine.
The happy goofy family posing for a picture.  For the 4th it was a true vacation day.  We walked around the campgrounds.  Fed the Alpaca's again, went swimming.
Fun was had by all until Tuesday morning when it all had to come to an end.
Packing up is always sad as it means the fun time of camping has come to an end.  Until next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day