Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Does anyone have any rain to spare?

So yea it's been hot as crazy here lately.  The weather forecast for the last few days has all been the same...
A chance of rain.  Hot.  Chance of t-storms. Hot. Humid. Hot.  You get the point right?  Well yesterday it sprinkled.  Just enough to make everything look wet.  Today it misted.  Just enough to look like it was going to get everything wet.

I found out that my pumpkins were falling off the
 vine just before the flowers open because of all this heat.  I have had over 6 of them fall off the vines now.  I am starting to wonder if I will even get a pumpkin this year.  Course I am further than I was last year.  Last year I got 2 male flowers and the vine died.
But look this flower is on the cusp of opening.  In fact now the flower is shriveled.  The pumpkin is turning yellow though I sure hope it isn't dying.

So how is the weather where you are?  Getting any rain?  Have any you can send this way?



1 comment:

  1. We are in a severe drought here, so no rain to spare! Our melons have started rotting on the vine before they get ripe - an odd thing, but I think it's because it's very hot and humid. I hope you get your rain soon, and us too!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day