Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Attack of the vines

 The vine bed has shown a lot of growth over the past month.  This picture to the left was taken just over a month ago.  Small spots of green plants in a freshly built garden bed.
 Taken 10 days later this picture shows growth as well as flowers.
 Taken 10 days after the last this one too shows a lot more growth and more flowers popping up everywhere.  The small green spots are much bigger and now the new bed shows a lot of yellow as well.
Again 10 days after the last picture this is what I came home from vacation too.  No longer can the canvas be seen nor can flowers be seen.  In-fact the the garden frame it's self is almost hard to see.
This picture was actually taken the same day as the last one but after I fenced in the garden.  See if I hadn't then when the hubby goes to mow the lawn he may end up mowing pumpkin or cucumber vines.  Since that would be bad I contained them.  It's amazing how each picture (except the last 2) was taken about 10 days apart and each clearly shows growth.  Some more than others.

Another surprise when we came home from vacation besides the lawn attacking vines was this......
Just look how pretty it is.  My first cucumber ever.  And it was impressive in size considering when we left 5 days before there were no cucumbers that showed any sign that they had been pollinated.  Lots of cucumber's with buds just none bigger than they began.

Stay tuned new installments of Attack of the.._______ will be coming soon, tomatoes, marigolds, Rose of Sharon, just to name a few.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day