Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Garden visitors spokesperson with an update

Hello again it's Melody Bluebell here. I wanted to give Irish Lady's readers a true update on how things around Irish Gardens are really doing.  Although she does a good job of explaining things sometimes more is needed.  For example..
 A new resident to the gardens is the Chipmunk family.....they are happily eating all the bird seed....thankfully there is other food for us bird types to eat.
 Although not outside in the garden lady mouse here was set free into the gardens after being found inside Irish Lady's home.
 No that summer arrived our good and helpful friends from the butterfly family have come back to visit and show off their unique beauty.
 An unfortunate site last month was this guy.  Thankfully he was inside the greenhouse.  I know I know we usually eat bugs like these but well this guy was just not appetizing.
 The ever annoying common fly have come back to the gardens.....grrrrr.....they just bug us.
 With the Hosta's in bloom this handsome fella came to find some food.
 With the Aphid issue all but gone a new pest arrived in the gardens....the beetle.  Irish Lady does seem to be working hard to prevent these nasty guys from eating all her roses.
 Today to Irish Lady's joy as well as that of the kids she found these 2 cute little frogs living inside the greenhouse.  As I agree with our caretaker the frogs will stay.  They don't seem to do any harm and they like bugs so these cuties are our newest residents, Mr and Mrs Frogger.
And finally on the list of new residents is this interestingly calm grasshopper.  Bringing joy to the kids as they got a up close look.  James Hopper is welcome to stay for a while he makes me laugh.  He jumps so high and scares the kids with his height that I can't help but laugh.  I almost fell out of the nest today watching him entertain the kids.

So until next time this is Melody signing off.  Have a wonderful week everyone and remember....I like the songbird bird seed mix the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day