Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crazy weather means.....

.......My herbs keep growing.  Not complaining of course just worried.  I mean it's the end of November and it's 60 outside and I can spot new growth on not only my herbs but my rose bushes and some of my hydrangea's.  What is wrong with this picture.  Anyways I wanted to see how things in the Greenhouse were progressing so I took a few pictures.....so on to a tour of my still green greenhouse.
 It may not look like a lot is growing in there but there is.  Lets take if from the front left first hidden from view is some Sage and Echinacea.  Then in the back on the left that big glob of green yea that would be carrots.

The small middle row will be next.  There are two rows of herbs in there so we will start at the front left and move back.
First up would be this lovely Rosemary.  Can you see it in the big picture...don't worry it's there.
Next just behind the Rosemary would be Mint.  Not just any mint.....but Variegated mint.
See look at the colors....it smells heavenly too.
 And behind that is Apple Mint.  Yea they are a little close to each other but it forces me to prune often.
 Back at the front of the middle part again is Spearmint...not looking so good cause it is pot bound and not at all happy with me.
 That big bunch of green in the middle yea that would be my herb....lemon balm.  Growing and very very happy.
 Right behind the lemon balm is Banana Mint.  Yes there is such a thing.
 And lastly in this row comes common oregano.
 So starting at the front again but on the right side hidden out of view is Vicks plant....with some onions in the middle.  Vicks apparently doesn't like the cold...
 Just behind that and up against the side is my Greek Oregano.....man this stuff is great.
 Finally coming in view of the over all picture that green mess in the front right would be this guy Sweet Marjoram.  Oh and some more onions.
 About the middle of the right side is this to the right is Marshmallow and the left is a small pot of Echinacea.
 Along the back wall we find my favorite mint of all the ones I have.....Chocolate mint.
And to the right of Chocomint is Winter Savory.

So thats the tour of my greenhouse.  Lots still growing in there and I love it.  Hopefully Mother Nature will pick up her calendar and realize that it's late fall and drop the temp some.  Cause when she does winter can come and go and it's on to spring...time to plant again.




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely greenhouse. I'm in two minds whether to grow in the soil or have benches for pot plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening is the best hobby ever! I could not imagine doing anything else with my free time! Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day