Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Friday, November 4, 2011

What snow can do

Do you know what snow can do?
Last weekend we had a crazy early snow storm hit our area.  During this storm I learned a few things about snow.
So here is what I learned about snow.
It can take your breath away.  Sunday morning we woke to over 7 inches of snow and the sun rising to give us this breathtaking view.

It can make the Buddy dog go crazy.  Jumping in the snow like he is a kid.

It can inspire a truce between siblings especially in candle light.  It's amazing what kids will do to entertain themselves when the power is out.

It can force you to take a second look.  Go ahead take a second look it's not very often you will see this many colorful leaves on top of snow.

But snow can do so much more as well.

 It can cover your tree's to the point that you don't even recognize what they are.  Can you see my pink dogwood?

Oh there it is finally standing back up.  But look what else snow did to my tree.  It brought down a branch.

Snow sure can do a lot of things.  Some things we may  not think about some we do.
Did you know that snow can insulate plants?
Did you know that snow can give you a workout?

What do you like about snow?  Do you know anything else that snow can do?


1 comment:

  1. So strange to see snow elsewhere at this time of year. We usually get it early, but just a light dusting here.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day