Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Friday, January 7, 2011

My Garden, My Hobbies in 2010

2010 was a big year here.  We saw lots of new things.  Here are some key pictures from each month.  Making them smaller to load faster so you may need to click on them to see.

January - Started like most January's in the north do....snowy.


February - More snow and snow men.  Falling or splitting Trees and snow banks taller than my kids




March - A little more snow....and then none and the dump trucks cam out to play













April - Spring shows with lovely daffodils.  Mr. Nutters visits from my sisters garden in CA, and many of my winged friends visit.












May - The beginnings of my Gardening adventures.

The kids learn how to plant a tree....











Flowers start to bloom.










Newly planted trees are growing, roses are in bloom, and the Rhubarb is taking root.











Onions start popping up, The construction of the Greenhouse begins. The plants that will be grown in the Greenhouse are started.









And last but not least for this month Greenhouse construction is complete.

June - A Busy Month
Seedlings sprouting just right, then planted in their summer home, my first ever Harvest...Mint










Morning Glories and Moon flowers started their growing, a tomato appears, and I preserved some Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly..another first.











July - Lots of growth happening

The Corn is getting tall, Tomatoes getting bigger, and I started an Herb Garden










The first Morning Glory bloom, the Morning Glories and Moon Flower plants were transplanted, and the tomato plant in the Greenhouse got to tall and heavy to hold herself up alone.











My first Lettuce harvest, Mr Nutters comes back from CA again to look in on my garden, and my friendly birds are back.










Mr. Nutters visits a second time this month but tried to be sneaky about it.  Buddy dog is used as a measuring tool....look how small he looks next to my corn.  And once again Mr Nutters tries to impress me with his stunts.










My first tomato harvest, the corn is now taller than my kids, and the onions were ready.










August - Lots to see and lots to do.

The Corn grows to reach my bedroom window, The Morning Glories and Moon Flowers reach the top of the porch, and finally a Moon Flower blooms












My harvesting skills increase as I begin a collection of dried herbs. And the Carrots are ready and my two eager children gladly helped pick them and pose....










The Morning Glories like the porch and have taken over and really started to bloom, and my tomato plants gets a major hair cut.....it started to touch the roof


September - School begins again and the gardens continue to grow

The attach of the vine is far from over, This Morning Glory vine grew over and under and all around the porch and it's self....all the while producing lovely blooms










The first day of school you just have to bring flowers for your teacher.  More blooms show up every day and the Moon Flowers get a little confused...thus the two vines blooming at the same time of day.  And as fall begins to get closer it's time to learn about seeds, and how to save them.








October - Fall is here

Seeds are ready to be stored, the indoor garden begins to form, and new colors fill the outdoors as the trees begin to make a rainbow.





Seeds are continued to be harvested and new things are learned.










November - Big Changes happened this month

The vines were killed by frost, the first of my Peppers were picked, and tomato plants were moved inside to protect from frost.










Pumpkin pie was made and frost hit the garden












December - The final Month of the year

Major wind storm brings the neighbors carport into our yard, The final veggie harvest of the year, and Cedar shavings are placed over all the gardens for extra protection once winter sets in.










The roof gets replaced after a dusting, Then the snow hits....poor children at play guy, and my little trees turn white



Snow drifts insulate the Greenhouse, snow banks from the porch cover one of my gardens. And the kids get to play in snow half as tall as them....










2010 Sure turned out to be a busy year.  Lots was learned, lots was done.  As 2011 gets underway I look FWD to the types of posts and pictures will be in next years review.

4 comments:

  1. A great post! That squirrel stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have a full year of gardening hobbies and a couple of cute little helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2010 has been a great year of gardening adventures for you, Melissa. I guess this year will be just as exciting.

    Your kids are growing up well too, they show a precocious talent in gardening.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day