Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Creature Feature and Blooming Friday.

Oh April how I have longed for you to come visit me.  April showers (snow and rain today) will bring May flowers.  Today's post is different as I wanted to participate in 2 different other blogs.  Jim over at Garden Adventures is hosting Friday Feature Creature.  Catherine over at Roses and stuff is hosting Blooming Friday, today's topic is On the ground.
 My son loves nature.  He wanted to keeps these worms as pets but I told him that we don't have the right food to do that and suggested he put them in the greenhouse.  Earthworms are good for the garden cause they loosen the soil as they dig their way around as well as leave behind nutrients.  So these 3 guys are now living somewhere in the greenhouse.
Both these crocus and the worms are on the ground.  The crocus that mean ol' Jack Frost hurt are laying right on the ground.  Such a sad sight to see.
These sad little beauties were found on the ground in the garden center of Lowes.

Now they look like they should.  I've nursed them back to health.

Thats all I have for now.  Wish there was more but I am still waiting for spring to really hit.

Stop by Jim and Catherin's blogs and see what else is going on.


3 comments:

  1. It is always satisfying to rescue an ailing plant from a garden centre. Poor Crocuses - they are great flowers but they do need the sun to look their best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the Creature Feature meme! I'm sure those earthworms are happy now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures. Have a nice day/Gela

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day