Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Friday, May 11, 2012

First ever sale

I love Spring! Plants that die back to the ground like Hosta and Peonies begin to grow again and grow inches each day.  Tree's and bushes that look half dead begin to show signs of life.  Little leaf buds begin to grow as do flowers.  Things seem to come alive.  The gardens get a fresh start after months of rest.

Well last weekend was my first every plant sale for Irish Gardens.  It wasn't all that bad.  Would have liked to sell more but I did sell some and got my name out there.  With the crazy mild winter we had I lost a lot of plants to late frost.  They started to grow and then bam a frost hit and killed the new growth.  What plants I did have  all had growth on them....but I think that if there was more lush looking plants I would have done better.  Lessons learned. Here are a few pictures from the sale and the gardens.
 My special little helper.  He helped me move the plants out from under the tents every day of the sale.  Even the ones that were taller than him.
 The tall plants that were not going on tables.
 My special red headed helper in the back ground checking out the price list..  On this table is was Iris, Lily, and Hosta roots as well as pots of Chocolate Mint
 The table full of plants...Fountain Grass, Four O'Clocks, Spirea....lots of stuff
And the other bench and other big plants.

The sale isn't the only this that has been going on here at Irish Gardens.....my gardens have been bursting out with color....
 My Iris decided that it would bloom last weekend.  Good timing too cause I was selling some and there were a few customers that weren't sure what Iris flowers looked like.
 A little sad looking by my columbine also is flowering.
 I bought this foxglove already in bloom.  Is that cheating?  Yea kinda...instant color.
 Now this columbine is far from sad.  It's absolutely beautiful.
 The Coral Bells have decided that it is their turn to grow like a weed.
Lily of the Valley started showing off their cute little white flowers.
And although not part of the garden he was part of the sale.  Buddy Dog joined us outside for the last day of the sale.  Spent the time between customers under the main table.




1 comment:

  1. The late freezes caused quite a bit of damage here too. Nothing died but they don't all look to great.

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day