Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Flowers in the Garden Part 2

So here are some more of the Front yard flowers in the newest section of the Blog the Flowers series.





This is the Hydranga....last year is was totallty covered in these heavy blossom stems.  Each one containing tons of little flowers like this one.  This year is wasn't as full.  But still very Pretty.





 Looks like a white rose about to bloom close up right?  Well you would be half right.  This is a Rose of Sharron bush.  I have others but this one is different. 


This is what it looks like open.  Nothing like a rose.  But very very beautiful.  This version is pure white.  Not a hint of another color to be found.  The pollin is almost white as well.  One of the other bushes that I have is very different in not only color but style.  It looks like it has 2 flowers with in one bud.  There is a second row of pedles inside....I will show you soon when I get to that section of the yard.  But this single layer beauty is well it's beautiful.




 And this interesting guy is a Yucca plant.  I didn't really like it much untill it bloomed.  The leaves at the base are cactus like and very pointy.  I thought it looked like an eye sore.  But when it blooms it is better.  These blooms don't last long though.






Here is a close up of one of the Yucca blooms.
And now for my favorite part.  My Roses.  I love roses.  The more colorful they are the better I like them.  Course my favorite flower is a tulip but roses come in a very close second.  So here are some random pictures of my roses from this year.  I hope you like em.




3 comments:

  1. I love your photo of the pink rose! Just beautiful- I have a very few left blooming in my yard here in the mountains of Virginia- I love a fall rose- Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yucca are awesome in flower.
    We have similar plants, Furcrea,flowering now and they send up a single stem 20 feet high with masses of creamy blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hydrangeas are one of those shrubs I keep meaning to add to the garden. Maybe someday, for now I'll just enjoy the nice blooms I see on blogs like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day