Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Monday, April 23, 2012

A little rain makes a big difference

So this crazy mild winter we had left us with dry gardens here in the Hudson Valley.  The lack of rain this month hasn't helped either.  But regardless the tree's decided to bloom and leaf out anyways.  Well that is what I thought anyways.  See last night it finally rained here...not snow like other parts of NY but rain....and this morning........
 I see this guy looking a new shade of green.  You know that green that screams of new young spring growth?  Yea that green. And not just in a few places but all over.
Then I go and look at other parts of the gardens and see even more green....or rather taller green.  The 4 O'Clocks seem to have grown a few inches and the Lily of the Valley are beginning to bloom.  My Columbine buds opened right up too.
 And in this garden the Hosta I swear grew a few inches over night.
My Rose of Sharon bushes in that garden are looking quite green now where yesterday you could just see the leaf buds getting ready to come out.  Ok maybe not yesterday but man it seems like it.

Isn't it amazing what a little rain can do for the garden?




2 comments:

  1. A litter rain in spring/summer season is not only helpful for the new plants to grow but it also add a charm to the look of the gardens and plants and create amazing landscapes.

    ~Aansy Stone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rain. Just started collecting the rain for my plants! I'm your newest follower and subscriber! Come on over to my bog and check out what I am doing this planting season. Fun, fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day