Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Harvesting Edible Garden Tour

Welcome one and all to this months edition of the Harvesting Edible Garden Tour.  Its time to show off what is harvesting in your gardens.... especially if it is edible.  For me it was once again time to give my greenhouse herbs a hair cut.  Granted most of these herbs that I cut are going to my Grandmothers but hey they still needed to be cut.  So on we go with the tour -
Here is a picture of all the herbs I harvested together.  But would I ever just leave it like that and not tell you what they are?  Of course not.....so on with the tour.
 Ahh the smell of Dill.  This stuff is getting quite tall in the green house but I have to cut less often because there is only two plants.
 My Oregano....also getting tall and smelling oh so wonderful.
 My herb.....yup Melissa officinalis also known as Lemon Balm.  Not as tall today but again the actual reason for cutting was to give some to my Grandparents.
 Parsley.....making a wonderful come back after the oh so mild winter....this one was not planted in the greenhouse so the hair cut isn't as often.
 Hard to see I know but Rosemary's smell isn't hard to miss.  I love this smell don't you?
 Winter Savory.....yea yea I know it's not winter anymore I should plant some summer savory.  I will not to worry but hey this guy is growing so well why would I not cut it.
 Mint.  My old stand by for always being ready to harvest.  I have some variegated mint in there too.
 Another faithful herb that is just about always ready to harvest is my garlic chives.  This cutting came from one of my sets that is not in the greenhouse.  But there is lots more where this came from.
 A favorite for anyone who gets my herbs seems to be this guy.  Any guesses?  Chocolate Mint.  (Did you guess right?)  Yet another herb that always seems to need some trimming.

So what can you harvest from  your gardens today? Post about it and join the tour to let others know.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day