Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Signs of winter in the garden

Just because the garden isn't growing, and blooming doesn't mean there isn't things to look at.  Here are some pictures showing the begining signs that winter is coming to my garden.



Interesting designs on the leaves to one of my rose bushes.



The frost on the tree looks a lot like snow.  Or like one of those plastic trees you see in stores to look like snow.



Another bush showing off it's color as well with frost.  I love how each leaf is different




A stem from my Rose of Sharon bush has frost that stands up....not sure how that happends but hey...it's nature.



One of two leaves left on one of the baby tree's.  Very colorful and even prettier with frost.


My poor pepper plants were dug up Friday in a attempt to save them.  The heater in my greenhouse never turned on due to a faulty power cord.  So they were hit hard with a frost...over 60 peppers were growing throughout the plants and only 11 were able to be saved.  The rest became mush.




Winter can be hard on the garden.  Hard even for the gardener who has to wait till closer to spring to start growing agian.  But it has it's own beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day