Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

As this Christmas eve day began thoughts of Christmas past came to mind.  Everyone has traditions.  Some from when they were young and some that have just happened over the years.  Although parts are almost always the same it's the little things that make each year one to remember.

Growing up the oldest of 5 kids meant a lot of noise, lots of wrapping paper, and lots of fun.  Gathering with family and traditions that never grow old.


Today was our gathering of my Dad's side of the family.  Memories of Christmas past and other of our many gatherings.  Elbows in the side between cousins.  Games played around the table.  Food for all and deserts we all love.  Even my kids who have only been a part of this tradition since we moved up here have their favorite parts.  For Shannon it's Grandma's crackers, and Aiden the Piano and toys.  Us kids growing up all had different things that we looked fwd to each time we went.  Christmas wasn't about the gifts when we were at my Dad's folks house.  It was about the picking on each other, the food, the fun and games we always had.  This year was no exception.  Though instead of Christmas Day like when I was growing up it was Christmas Eve.  Not that it changed the fun we had.  I still picked on my cousin....my daughter even started picking on him too.  The buffet style lunch/snack/dinner was as always wonderful and unique.  The adults picked on the kids, the kids picked back.  4 Generations of family in one house meant a lot of noise but lots of fun.

As this day comes to a close I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  Drive Carefully if you happen to be traveling.  Enjoy your time with loved ones.  Treasure the moments, and the memories they make.  Share the memories with your young ones.  Let them know how your traditions today came from things of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day