Welcome - come enjoy my Garden with me

My Garden although it may be small is my garden. I love working in the garden and showing or telling others about it. While you are here take a look around. There is a lot to see. Take a look at the other blogs I love to read. Leave a comment if you like. But most of all. Enjoy your time here, and come back soon.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The end of the Morning Glory/Moonflower Vines

Well November 1st was indeed our first official frost of the year.  I say official in that it pretty much killed my morning glory and moon flower vines. 

Just look:


This was the vine just 8 days prior.  So alive and green and strangly enough still flowering.  Well the Morning Glories were.  The Moon Flowers haven't opened in a while now.

I am so sad to see it go but it did give me lots and lots of flowers....and over 200 seeds so far.  Today the vine looked even worse than the first to pictures so I cut it down.  It was too depressing to look at.  But as there where tons more seed pods still on the vine I saved the ones that were fully developed just waiting to dry.  Should be interesting to see what pods trully did have full seeds and the ones that didn't.  I did how ever find 3 more Moon Flower seed Pods.  Not sure if they were done or not but as the vine was dead...or very close they too were cut off.  I saved the Pods that looked like they may have seeds in them.  But like the Morning Glory pods we will just have to wait and see what we get.

1 comment:

  1. Its sad to see beautiful things like this fade and die, but of course nothing lasts forever and life goes on through the seeds this beauty has supplied :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Ask a question. Post a link to your garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardening Definition of the Day